A Great Idea

A while back I mentioned that some women -- feminists, naturally -- said they were having sex dreams about Obama.

Well, last night I too had a dream about Obama -- but it certainly wasn't sexual. On the contrary, I was counting out my cash and handing it over to him. Really. I'm not making this up.

So then I woke up this morning with this great thought: Imagine if every single American received their two-week pay BEFORE taxes in the form of cash rather than automatic deposit. Every two weeks you'd be handed the cash you earned, then you would put it in four piles: one for the mortgage/car/bills, one for spending money, one for savings, and one for the government.

If every two weeks people physically saw the amount of cash they had to give the government, I'm convinced every American would become a Republican -- or at least an old-school Democrat.

Isn't that a great idea?

1 Response to “A Great Idea”:

  1. Suzanne, anything that might persuade people to quit sharing their Barack Obama sex fantasies with the rest of us is a fabulous idea! And yes, there is definitely an "out of sight, out of mind" component to automatic tax withholding that keeps many people from having to seriously consider how much they're really forking over. By design, I expect.