Joy Behar

Joy Behar has a new show -- opposite Larry King at 8pm on HLN (that's Headline News).

Chances are, most of you know Joy from The View -- a show I'm quite sure I've never seen all the way through but have seen enough clips to get the gist of the program. That's why I don't watch it.

However, I have to say that I love Joy Behar. I know some of you will think I'm nuts, but I've watched her fill in for Larry King enough to grow a fondness for her. Obviously I disagree with everything that comes out of her mouth, but I still love her.

She's feisty. Thick-skinned. Opinionated. Relatively knowledgable. Funny. And she's not intimidated by Ann Coulter. (She interviewed her once on Larry King -- I think I blogged about it a while back -- and it was extremely entertaining.)

I think I like her b/c she reminds me of an old friend -- another Jewish woman from New Jersey, as it happens -- who's far left without being a loon, and is totally delightful. Naturally, she thinks I'm a right-wing nut, but of course any far left person would think that. She and I used to duke it out all the time.

I could see myself duking it out with Behar at a bar. And at the end of the night, I'd tell her I still think she's fantastic. It's a rare kind of relationship (makes me think of James Carville and Mary Matalin), but it's fun.

0 Responses to “Joy Behar”: